St. Pius X Church / Holy Redeemer Parish Reopening Plan
The following is the First Stage of our reopening plan:
- Weekend Masses will resume at their regular times on Saturday May 16, at 4 pm; and on Sunday May 17 at 9 am & 11 am. For the moment, weekday Masses are not resuming.
- Masses will be limited to a MAXIMUM of 10 parishioners.
- If you are unable to answer NO to all items on the province’s COVID-19 Checklist (AVAILABLE HERE), you will not be permitted to attend Mass.
- Social distancing is required.
- During this initial phase, we will be using a lottery system to randomly select who is able to attend. (Details to follow.) This is to ensure that everyone gets a fair chance to attend Mass if they wish.
- Only parishioners who request in advance to attend a Mass will be permitted to enter the church.
- For those who are unable to attend Mass, we will continue to make Mass available online on Sunday mornings at 9 am. Tuesday Novena will also continue online.
- Communion will be made available in the parking lot to those unable to attend Mass. (Details to follow.)
- The church heating system has been turned off for the season, and will remain off, so those attending Mass in person should dress more warmly than normal. The church is cool, but not freezing cold.
- No taxi service will be provided by the parish at this time.
- The parish hall will continue to remain closed to all activities until further notice.
Please note: The points listed above are subject to change if the situation warrants. Any changes will be posted online.